Our program is designed to be therapeutically intense. We use a strength-based experiential model as a therapeutic foundation.
Each student will typically participate in the following types of therapy during his Oxbow stay:
- Individual session with a licensed therapist trained in sex specific issues – at least once each week.
- Family therapy – at least once each week. Additional sessions are scheduled at the therapist’s discretion.
- Group therapy with psycho-educational focus on healthy relationships, anger management, adoption issues, and substance abuse – at least once each week.
- Equine therapy – an opportunity for once a week to a few times monthly.
- Art program (Music, drama, or art lessons/activities) – once each week.
- Focus groups – twice daily
In addition to more formal therapy settings, residential living is specifically structured to enhance the student’s therapy work with his therapist by providing real time feedback to students in daily living activities. Academic experiential activities are held weekly to bolster interest and take advantage of special learning activities.
Other experiential activities such as community service, sports leagues, and trail rides are scheduled throughout the year for level appropriate students.
If you would prefer to discuss your situation with a counselor, we invite you to call an admissions counselor, at 855-676-4272.
Oxbow Academy – New Hope, New Help, No Secrets.™