In this section you can also find information on:
Residential living at Oxbow is a critical part of our over-all treatment strategy. Our facility is specifically designed for our unique population.
Oxbow offers specific safety considerations in terms of physical design, staffing, and daily living policies to protect all students. Those safety protocols include:
- Line of sight/line of sound supervision
- Motion sensors
- Security cameras in sleeping areas
- All dorms have either one, three or four students per room
- Shoes and slippers are secured at night
- Door alarms to notify staff of unauthorized use
- Private shower and toilet areas
- Dorms are open areas with no doors
Oxbow Academy is deliberately designed for continuous supervision. The ability to observe and assess students in daily living situations helps our staff support and facilitate change.
We recognize and immediately respond to sexual “grooming” behaviors that may go unnoticed in programs with less experience dealing with sex-specific issues.
Besides these measures, Oxbow Academy’s residential program is designed to promote healthy growth and development by offering:
- Twin-sized bunk bed and locker for each student.
- Certified food safety manager who prepares three meals daily.
- Fruit or healthy snacks available anytime
- Salad bar included at lunch and dinner.
- Outdoor sport court for fun and exercise almost any time during the day.
- Garden for experiential learning and fresh vegetables.
Besides our facilities, the Oxbow culture itself becomes each student’s safety net. Our students understand each other and their issues. They put pressure on themselves to change. The program and the group build students by helping them realize that old coping tools and behaviors don’t work. Students help each other develop new tools for new lives.
We encourage each student to achieve purpose in life, excellence in work and play, and self-agency to create a healthy, happy life. Our residential model supports students in their discovery of new strengths and interests.
If you would prefer to discuss your situation with a counselor, we invite you to call an admissions counselor, at 855-676-4272.
Oxbow Academy – New Hope, New Help, No Secrets.™