Rachelle is one of our highly trained therapists at Oxbow Academy. She graduated from Brigham Young University with a Masters in Social Work. Her level of experience of working with youth started back in 2004 and ranges from family systems, personality disorders, addiction, criminally ill, and outpatient services dealing with depression, anxiety, and marital issues. Her undergraduate degree in Sign Language Interpreting also adds a layer of understanding people’s body language and empathy for those with disabilities. Her natural ability of patience and ability to validate other’s feelings makes her a valuable therapist who works very well with our students with Autism Spectrum Disorder on our East Campus.
She employs a variety of theoretical models and interventions into her therapeutic practice. Her relationship-driven approach allows her to work closely with her clients and their families to improve relationships so that they are based on integrity, healthy boundaries, and trust.
- Masters in Social Work, Brigham Young University
- Bachelors of Educational Interpreting, Idaho State University
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- NOJOS Credentials
- Certified Sex Addiction Therapist (CSAT) Candidate – http://www.iitap.com/
- EMDR candidate
- Trained in Sandtray Therapy
- Dancing, exercising, being outside and vacationing to Disneyland and the beach with her family.
You are welcome to read more about Rachelle and her influence at Oxbow on a few of our blog post listed below.